Relational Models and OO
Author: Zhang3, Source: Zhang3's blog, Published: 2011-06-01
Excerpt: Zhang3's note about object-oriented, relational algebra, relational database, E-R model, ORM in the field of software engineering.
Object-oriented theory and relational algebra
Original: Zhang3, 2011-04-19
1. Relational algebra is a subset of first-order logic and what it represented is, the logical relationship between things.
2. E-R model has deviated from the real intention of relational logic. The ‘E’ should not be an entity but just a name. Relational modeling should not by the E-R way.
3. Some of well design patterns be destroyed by OO analysis. Most people lay the blame on that the idea of database is not advanced than the idea of OO. However, in fact, the relational algebra is much profound than the OO theory (if even say that OO having some theory).
4. Some models will be simple in relational database, which are complex on OO thinking, and will be simpler if the relational database providers a Turing-complete language instead of the SQL way.
5. ORM is a serious mistake, which forced modeling a real world relationship by OO, and then mapping it onto a relational database, that is, to build a bridge incompatible to both, between two originally compatible worlds. Nothing is more absurd than this.
Original URL: http://www.douban.com/note/146255104/
(Translated by TY)
Relational Models and OO by Zhang3 is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
GB7714 style: Zhang3. Relational Models and OO[EB/OL]. Zhang3's blog, http://www.douban.com/note/146255104/, 2011-06-01[2017-05-01 12:45]
Chicago style: Zhang3, "Relational Models and OO", Zhang3's blog, http://www.douban.com/note/146255104/(accessed 2017-05-01 12:45)
- Prev Post: 从适用性到适管理性——品质管理又一深化课题
- Next Post: 模型与建模的重要基础——关系数据库与关系模型的经典诠释
Leave a Response
You must be logged in to post a comment.