Stats on Using Frequency of Some Words (Model etc.) by Google Scholar in 2000-2011
Author: Mountriver TY Yu, Source: EE-Forum.org, Published: 2012-08-17
Excerpt: Description The using frequency in literature, especially in the title of articles, is an objective reflection of the importance to a word. The Google Scholar has a quite great and neutral mother data, It is very well to such the statistical investigations. To observe the using frequency of “model” and other some general words in […]
The using frequency in literature, especially in the title of articles, is an objective reflection of the importance to a word. The Google Scholar has a quite great and neutral mother data, It is very well to such the statistical investigations.
To observe the using frequency of “model” and other some general words in literature, there are two group words are selected:
- Model group: model, models, modeling, modelling
- Other general or neutral terms: information, data, system, method, methodology, about, towards
We use Google Scholar to get the search result for each word with the same conditions as follow:
- with all of the words: <string of a word> (one by one)
- where my words occur: in the title of the article (allintitle: <string of a word>)
- return articles dated between: <year> – <year> (range: one year)
- include patents: yes
- include citations: no
All of the selected words are searched on Google Scholar one by one, here is an example:
About 85,500 results (0.05 sec)
All the date gotten in table 1. and table 2., completed on 2012-08-17.
According the data, we can see, in the year 2000 – 2011
- compare the stats of Model group (model, models, modeling or modelling) with data, information, representation, software, system, methodology, at least, we can be roughly seen the importance or weight in academic work; for more convincing results, we need to select more representative words systematiclly;
- the model relevant work (i.e., the title with one of the words in Model group) shown a quick upward trend, the number from 115,540 (2000) up to 190,400 (2011) per year, the rate of growth more than all of other single word;
- although it had a little declined in recent a few years, the frequency of model is still more than all of other words;
- in contrast of above, the previous high frequency words system and method are rapid declined and lower than model in 2011;
- in contrast of the wave of model, models, especially modelling and modelling are shown a quite steady and clear upward trend, there may be some relationships to methodological topics.
Stats on Using Frequency of Some Words (Model etc.) by Google Scholar in 2000-2011 by Mountriver TY Yu is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
GB7714 style: Mountriver TY Yu. Stats on Using Frequency of Some Words (Model etc.) by Google Scholar in 2000-2011[EB/OL]. EE-Forum.org, http://www.ee-forum.org/wp/pub/ty/2012-08-p3325.html, 2012-08-17[2017-03-29 09:31]
Chicago style: Mountriver TY Yu, "Stats on Using Frequency of Some Words (Model etc.) by Google Scholar in 2000-2011", EE-Forum.org, http://www.ee-forum.org/wp/pub/ty/2012-08-p3325.html(accessed 2017-03-29 09:31)
- Next Post: 穆勒论模型定义及其对用法论模型观的评价
Leave a Response
You must be logged in to post a comment.